Friendship Bracelet Pattern
My Friendship Bracelet Maker Instructional Series
Level: Beginner | Video Tutorial runtime 17:37
Internet Explorer may not support this video. We suggest turning on “Compatibility View,” or try other browsers such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN your friendship bracelet pattern, know how to make the Right Hand Double Knot and Left Hand Double Knot. You will also need to know the Single Right Single Left Hand Knot and Single Left Single Right Hand Knot.
1. Pick up to 5 threads (the more colors you choose the wider your bracelet will be).
2. Align string, fold in half, and tie knot ½ inch from fold forming a loop.
3. Attach your ½ inch loop to MYFBM under the butterfly clip.
4. Separate strings by placing one string per slot.
5. Hold string #1 with your right hand and string #2 with your left hand, loop string #1 in front making a number “4”.
6. While holding string #1 & #2, continue the steps to form a right handed double knot. After double knot is complete move #2 string to #1 slot, while holding string #1 in hand. Take string #1 and make the same right handed double knot around string #3. After double knot is complete move string #3 to the #2 slot. Continue to tie right handed double knots on string #4 thru #10 with string #1 until you finish the row. When you completed tying the double knot on string #10 place string #1into slot #10 on your MYFBM.
7. When your have completed step 6 you have finished your first stripe! Repeat steps 5 and 6 with your new #1 string and watch your bracelet grow!
8. When you think your bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist hold three strings from slots #1 #2 #3 with your left hand and three from slots #8 #9 #10 with your right hand. Braid the three strings from your left hand and right hand with the four strings left in slots in #4 #5 #6 #7.
9. Take the braided strings and tie two basic knots at the end of your friendship bracelet. Learn how to finish your friendship bracelet with knots or beads by clicking here.
10. Unclip your friendship bracelet from the butterfly clip and cut off the excess braided section. Your bracelet made with the friendship bracelet pattern Stripes from MyFBM.com is ready to wear or share!